Scala considering significant indentation like Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 23 16:43:57 EDT 2017

Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> writes:

> On 2017-05-23, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sometimes things get longer than a page (like a class definition).
>
> A nice folding mode works nicely for that sort of thing. I normally
> use emacs, but it doesn't seem to have a folding mode built-in, and
> the add-on one's I've tried didn't seem to work in a very useful way.

The ‘set-selective-display’ command will collapse the current buffer's
text to lines indented to the specified number of columns; the same
command with no argument will expand the buffer to normal again. The
command is bound to ‘C-x $’ in default Emacs.

--
 \       “Try to learn something about everything and everything about |
  `\                                  something.” —Thomas Henry Huxley |