Scala considering significant indentation like Python

Fred Stluka fred at bristle.com
Tue May 23 17:10:05 EDT 2017

On 5/23/17 4:43 PM, Ben Finney wrote:

> The ‘set-selective-display’ command will collapse the current buffer's
> text to lines indented to the specified number of columns; the same
> command with no argument will expand the buffer to normal again. The
> command is bound to ‘C-x $’ in default Emacs.
Ben,

How do I specify the number of columns when using "C-x $"?  It
doesn't prompt, and doesn't seem to take the current column of
the cursor position into account.  Just echoes:
     selective-display set to nil.

Same for using the command at the M-x prompt.  I type "M-x"
and see the M-x prompt, then then type "set-selective-display"
using tab to autocomplete it.  But I can't then type a column
number after a space or in parens or anything.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred at bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.