Python3.6 a little conundrum

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 01:19:00 EST 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Gilmeh Serda
<gilmeh.serdah at nothing.here.invalid> wrote:
> I'll check if I can get that into the mix, eventually. Python's already
> installed, so I guess I have to backtrack to remove it. Further
> investigation required.

You didn't install, so you should be able to rerun ./configure and
make to rebuild with new libraries.

BTW, once you get the code built to your liking, I would recommend running this:

$ sudo make altinstall

That will install as python3.6 without replacing the symlink python3,
so whatever your system Python 3 is, it'll still be there, untouched.
And regardless of whether you use "make install" or "make altinstall",
your Python 2.7 won't be affected.

ChrisA