Bigotry and hate speech on the python mailing list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:34:03 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The charge has been examined and dropped. Steven did not violate the
>> CoC. Please stop talking as if he has. He *was accused of* violating
>> it, and then found innocent.
>
> Which post are you referring to (can you provide a URL)? I'd like to see
> who came to that conclusion, what their wording was, and what their
> authority was to do so.

I was referring to your post, in which a fairly solid argument was
made for there being no guilt. Maybe you don't have any specific
authority, but until someone actually acts in a moderatorial role,
solid arguments are plenty authoritative enough for most of us.
Particularly for the newsgroup people, where there is no central
authority at all.

ChrisA