Python and the need for speed

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 05:00:50 EDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> On 11/04/2017 00:33, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> If he does, it might be the final thing that gets him banned from the
>> mailing list.
>

> A meta-note, since I happen to have seen this email come up.
>
> I don't know about the other list moderators, but I don't personally follow
> every sprawling thread and post on the look-out for offensive behaviour. Can
> I suggest, if anyone believes that there is a case for suspending someone
> from the list, that they email the List Owner whose address is at the bottom
> of:

> and point out the behaviour they believe merits suspension or a warning or
> whatever. We can then confer between ourselves and decide what action to
> take.

Thanks. At this stage, I was still at the "ask the poster himself to
kindly refrain from being offensive", but yes, that would be the next
step. (The post you're quoting is my tongue-in-cheek response to
another poster's tongue-in-cheek comment poking fun at my precise
language, which is exactly how this list behaves.)

ChrisA