how to automate java application in window using python

Lawrence D’Oliveiro lawrencedo99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 06:26:41 EDT 2016

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:13:41 PM UTC+12, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:

> Am 18.09.16 um 12:03 schrieb Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
>
>> Like I said, trying to automate a GUI is a waste of time. GUIs are
>> designed for humans, not computers, to use.
>
> You don't always have a choice. Consider batch-processing a number of
> images (say, 30,000 movie frames) using a proprietary effect filter
> which works on single images only. It might be easier to drive the GUI
> than to recreate the commercial algorithm.

Considering the power available in Free Software toolkits like ImageMagick, G’MIC and so on, not to mention libraries accessible from Python itself, let me suggest that such proprietary software simply isn’t worth bothering with any more.

> I agree with you that it is a shaky solution, but that
> doesn't make it impossible.

Is it really something you want to entrust mission-critical business functions to?