how to automate java application in window using python

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 06:13:30 EDT 2016

Am 18.09.16 um 12:03 schrieb Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
> Like I said, trying to automate a GUI is a waste of time. GUIs are
> designed for humans, not computers, to use.

You don't always have a choice. Consider batch-processing a number of
images (say, 30,000 movie frames) using a proprietary effect filter
which works on single images only. It might be easier to drive the GUI
than to recreate the commercial algorithm.

> That’s why we have command lines and scripting (which are all just
> programming at different layers, of course). That’s how you automate
> things, building higher-level abstract machines on top of lower-level
> ones. GUIs are the end of the abstraction chain: you cannot build
> anything more on top of them.

Yes, you can. I agree with you that it is a shaky solution, but that
doesn't make it impossible.

	Christian