Merecurial and Python-2.7.x, Python-3.Y

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Sat Oct 1 05:31:42 EDT 2016

Finally, I got to where I understood what needed to be done to get both
Mercurial built - and the the new SSL requirements met.

So, running:

# hg clone https://hg.python.org/cpython

works. What is the next step to getting Python-2.7 AND Python-3.7 so I
can submit patches against both versions and/or other versions?

Is it going to be a command like in the developer guide (that references
Python3.5)?

Does this create a new directory, or just undo a lot of things that was
just cloned - or was 3.5 the development branch when the guide was last
updated?

Will I need to clone (as above) several times - one for each version I
want to test against - and then run a second command -- OR --

is there an hg clone command to get a specific version (If that is in
the guide - my apologies, as I missed it.

Thanks for hints and patience!