rocket simulation game with just using tkinter

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 5 15:40:23 EDT 2016

On 5-10-2016 2:43, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> 	Or do what I once did with the Lunar Lander game on my college
> computer... Target accuracy: Excellent... Landing gear? somewhere on the
> other side of the moon. My vertical velocity was sub-inches per second --
> the horizontal velocity was in multi-feet per second.

My lander game takes the magnitude of the velocity into account and not the direction,
so you will still crash when going down a pixel per second but strafing like mad :)

> 	I also used to crash with more fuel than I started with... Game didn't
> do a sign check on "lbs of fuel to burn", so -10lbs @ 180deg had the same
> effect as 10lbs @ 0deg, but gained fuel.

I forgot to add a fuel gauge! My rocket can fly for all eternity if you manage to keep
it in the air :P

The first rocket landing game I ever came across must have been a text only version
running on my commodore 64 where it was only printing your current altitude and velocity
and fuel level, and then stopped to ask for input. I think it asked for values for how
long to burn the engine and for how many seconds. Then it recomputed everything and
stopped again for input until you landed safely or crashed...
It must have been a short BASIC listing I copied over from a magazine or something.

Irmen