advanced SimpleHTTPServer?

justin walters walters.justin01 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:54:11 EDT 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Chris Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:

> The other frameworks are simple to set up, too. I’ve personally had
> Unicode issues with Bottle, and it doesn’t even do sessions. Unlike
> Flask, or of course Django.
>
> Because, as the old saying goes, any sufficiently complicated Bottle
> or Flask app contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden,
> slow implementation of half of Django.
>
> (In the form of various plugins to do databases, accounts, admin panels
> etc.)

I've found this to be the case whenever I see a Flask or Bottle project
that does anything
more than expose a data API. I think Flask is great for building small
applications or
microservices. Any more and you are essentially hacking together a bunch of
packages
that may or may not have been designed to work together.

I find that Django can suit almost any use case perfectly well. You can use
whatever part
of the framework you want and toss out/replace any part you don't want.
Plus, built in sessions
and authentication are fantastic time savers.