advanced SimpleHTTPServer?

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:40:03 EDT 2016

On 2 November 2016 at 17:56, Eric S. Johansson <esj at harvee.org> wrote:
>> Instead, you should use a real web server, such as nginx or apache.
>> Those will do the first two properly, and the last one could be
>> handled by a simple-ish PHP script. Or a full-fledged app in Django or
>> Flask if you feel like it.
> or bottle.  why does everyone seem to forget bottle? simple to set up,
> easy to learn and useful for small to medium projects.

The other frameworks are simple to set up, too. I’ve personally had
Unicode issues with Bottle, and it doesn’t even do sessions. Unlike
Flask, or of course Django.

Because, as the old saying goes, any sufficiently complicated Bottle
or Flask app contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden,
slow implementation of half of Django.

(In the form of various plugins to do databases, accounts, admin panels etc.)

PGP: 5EAAEA16