advanced SimpleHTTPServer?

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Nov 2 15:52:40 EDT 2016

On 11/2/2016 2:40 PM, Chris Warrick wrote:
> Because, as the old saying goes, any sufficiently complicated Bottle
> or Flask app contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden,
> slow implementation of half of Django. (In the form of various plugins
> to do databases, accounts, admin panels etc.)

That's not a special attribute of bottle, flask or Django. Ad hoc,
informally specified, bug ridden slow implementations abound.  We focus
too much on scaling up and not enough on scaling down. We (designers)
also have not properly addressed configuration complexity issues.

If I'm going do something once, if it cost me more than a couple of
hours to figure it out, it's too expensive in general but definitely if
I forget what I learned. That's why bottle/flask systems meet and need.
They're not too expensive to forget what you learned.

Django makes the cost of forgetting extremely expensive. I think of
using Django as career  rather than a toolbox.

So this brings me back to my question. What is missing in
SimpleHTTPServer to keep it from being secure enough?