ANN: Python 201 - Intermediate Python book

justin walters walters.justin01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:41:47 EDT 2016

On Mar 30, 2016 11:21 AM, "Mike Driscoll" <kyosohma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Justin,

> > Can you go over a couple of the topics you are going to cover?
> >
> > Are you going to cover any of the most popular packages such as Django
and
> > scrapy?
>
> Sure! I'm planning on covering several of the more popular
intermediate-level modules from Python's standard library, such as
collections, contextlib, functools and itertools.

> I am also going to be covering benchmarking, encryption, connecting to
databases, etc.

> There is a section on Web-related chapters. While I don't plan to cover a
web framework, I am going to cover other items related to working with the
internet using Python. I do plan to talk about creating a web crawler /
scraper, but I hadn't decided if I was going to use scrapy for that or not.
I also plan to write about working with web APIs, such as Amazon's or
Google's APIs. There will probably be some kind of chapter about Selenium /
Web Driver too. I have some other ideas too.