ANN: Python 201 - Intermediate Python book

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:15:19 EDT 2016

Hi Justin,

> Can you go over a couple of the topics you are going to cover?
>
> Are you going to cover any of the most popular packages such as Django and
> scrapy?

Sure! I'm planning on covering several of the more popular intermediate-level modules from Python's standard library, such as collections, contextlib, functools and itertools.

I am also going to be covering benchmarking, encryption, connecting to databases, etc.

There is a section on Web-related chapters. While I don't plan to cover a web framework, I am going to cover other items related to working with the internet using Python. I do plan to talk about creating a web crawler / scraper, but I hadn't decided if I was going to use scrapy for that or not. I also plan to write about working with web APIs, such as Amazon's or Google's APIs. There will probably be some kind of chapter about Selenium / Web Driver too. I have some other ideas too.

I hope that answered your question.

Mike