crash while using PyCharm / Python3

Adam adam at no_thanks.com
Mon Mar 21 12:51:44 EDT 2016

"Adam" <adam at no_thanks.com> wrote in message
news:ncikss$tks$1 at news.albasani.net...

> Host OS:    Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 LTS / Unity
>
> System crashed while using PyCharm / Python3.
> Booting takes forever and stuck at the purple screen with
> the Ubuntu logo and the five dots cycling.
> How to fix?

So, I tried Ubuntu repair methods suggested here...

How to Fix an Ubuntu System When It Won't Boot
http://www.howtogeek.com/196740/how-to-fix-an-ubuntu-system-when-it-wont-boot/
GRUB Boot Loader is accessible but using the recovery mode did not help.
It hangs with "Loading extension GLX" but I forget which command I used.

Then, I tried to...

Reinstall Ubuntu While Keeping Files and Programs

but, I am instead given the following options...
This computer currently has Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS on it.  What would you like
to do?

- Erase Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS and reinstall
    Warning: This will delete all your Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS programs,
documents, photos...
- Install Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS alongside Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
    Documents, music, and other personal files will be kept.  You can choose
which operating system...
- Erase disk and install Ubuntu
- Something else

Perhaps, "Install Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS alongside Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS" is the
safest ?