Stop writing Python 4 incompatible code

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:51:28 EST 2016

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 8:11:40 PM UTC-6, Michael Torrie wrote:
> Hmm, so Guido moved to Dropbox because Google fired him?
> [...] I can find zero evidence to support your assertion,

Feel free to post evidence that will *DISPROVE* my statement.

> Dishonesty is a harsh accusation, but when one makes up
> stuff to support one's argument, is that not lying?

You cannot accuse me of lying until you provide *PROOF* that
i am lying. But even if you offered proof, that GvR was not
fired because of Python's downward spiral, your implication
that an "assertion" is "a lie" is in itself dishonest
(yes?). And your interpretation of my statement "as
malicious" does speak volumes to your true feelings on the
subject. Why do you feel *SO* compelled to speak on behalf
of GvR? And furthermore, what gives you the right to speak on
his behalf?

> Besides that, people leave good jobs all the time for
> other more challenging jobs. Who says it was cushy?  Cushy
> because Google paid him to work on Python?

Getting paid to work on Pyhton 20% of the time is a pretty
damn cushy job Micheal! How much time does *YOUR* employer
pay *YOU* to work on "side projects"?

> Sounds like the move to Dropbox suited him just fine

Sounds like conjecture to me. What evidence do you have that
will support your position? I provided the evidence that
lead me to my conclusion, sure, you may not agree, but at
least i provided more than just denial.