Stop writing Python 4 incompatible code

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:29:09 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> In fact, in the years before Python3 arrived, it had enjoyed
> a steady ascension from obscurity into mainstream hacker
> culture, but now, all that remains is a fractured community,
> a fractured code base, and a leader who lost his cushy job
> at Google -- of which i think Python3 is directly
> responsible. Think about it: if they hired him *BECAUSE* of
> Python's success then we can *ONLY* conclude they fired him
> for mismanaging it.

I got hired by my last boss because he wanted some software written.
I'm no longer employed there. Think about it: if he hired me *BECAUSE*
of software's success, we can ONLY conclude that I mismanaged the very
concept of software. Watch out, folks; software is about to become the
next dead thing!

ChrisA