imshow keeps crashhing

darren.mcaffee at gmail.com darren.mcaffee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:10:29 EST 2016

Thanks for the quick reply!

So scipy is making temporary files in /private/vars/folders/w4/<long dir name>/

1. When in the correct folder within Terminal, on the command line I can do:
    open <filename>
And it will open it in Preivew.

2. However, when opening Preview first, it is impossible (for me) to navigate to the /private directory to open the file that way, even with:
    defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
turned on.

3. When I run imshow() (my attempt to 'launch Preview from scipy as you suggested). The UID of the process is 501, which is the same as when I do echo $UID. So I'm assuming the launched Preview is running as myself.

4. When the temporary file is originally created its permissions are -rw------

Does any of that information help? Thanks again.