imshow keeps crashhing

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Wed Jan 6 17:42:25 EST 2016

In <eefe98a3-9e49-468f-b57f-cf4ad6bb981d at googlegroups.com> darren.mcaffee at gmail.com writes:

> Hi John,

> I am on a mac and have set the following:

> SCIPY_PIL_IMAGE_VIEWER=/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview

> And when using imshow(), sure enough Preview attempts to open the fie,
> but it throws the following error: The file "tmp1zuvo7wn.png" couldn't be
> opened because you don't have permission to view it.

> I can open the temporary file manually no problem. And I have played
> around with chmod 0644 <filename>, but nothing seems to work.

> I have a feeling this is El Capitan specific. Do you have any
> suggestions?

I don't really know much about Macs...

Can you run Preview and open the temporary file successfully?

When launched from scipy, Does Preview run as a user other than yourself?

What are the permissions on the temporary file when it's originally
created?

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears