imshow keeps crashhing

darren.mcaffee at gmail.com darren.mcaffee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:20:36 EST 2016

Hi John,

I am on a mac and have set the following:

SCIPY_PIL_IMAGE_VIEWER=/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview

And when using imshow(), sure enough Preview attempts to open the fie, but it throws the following error: The file "tmp1zuvo7wn.png" couldn't be opened because you don't have permission to view it.

I can open the temporary file manually no problem. And I have played around with chmod 0644 <filename>, but nothing seems to work.

I have a feeling this is El Capitan specific. Do you have any suggestions?