Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Feb 29 10:43:49 EST 2016

On 2016-02-29, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Abjuring JS may be a virtue (or at least, making it a non-critical
> part of your web site),

Except the marketing people who decide on the requirements will never,
ever settle for what you can do with plain HTML/CSS.

In my experience, HTML/CSS makes a pretty awful GUI for a non-trivial
application.  With some Javascript and sweat, you can almost make it
to mediocre.

> but CSS is important to document structure and layout. The
> combination of HTML and CSS provides a logical structure with
> separate styling, which IMO is an excellent thing.

Indeed.  Separating the visual appearnce stuff from the "structure"
makes it a lot easier to deal with both, and the result is a lot more
robust as well.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The Korean War must
                                  at               have been fun.