Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Dietmar Schwertberger maillist at schwertberger.de
Sat Feb 27 09:20:48 EST 2016

On 27.02.2016 12:18, wrong.address.1 at gmail.com wrote:
> Isn't there any good GUI IDE like Visual Basic? I hope there are some less well known GUI IDEs which I did not come across. Thanks.

As of today, there's no Python GUI builder comparable to VB 6.

There are some like QtDesigner or wxGlade, but they either don't
generate Python code directly or they can only be used if you know the
underlying toolkit good enough to create the GUI yourself. You may try
out some, but I can almost guarantee you that you will come to the same
result.
If you want a GUI, create it yourself using either wxPython or PyQt.

For engineering applications that's probably the weakest point that
Python has.
It's holding back a lot of people...

Well, for most measurement or control software a GUI is not really
needed, but still people want it.

Regards,

Dietmar