I am new to python. I have a few questions coming from an armature!

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 03:41:16 EDT 2016

Am 15.08.16 um 16:00 schrieb Sickfit92:
> 1. How long did it take you guys to master the language or, let me
> put it this way to completely get the hang and start writing code?

You never learn a language completely. I'm using Python for 3 years,
getting started was a matter of one or two days. But I have written code
in ~10 different languages since 25 years. I started from here:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/SimplePrograms

> 2. What made you want to learn python?

Numpy. I am writing scientific software, and numpy/scipy is becoming the
new standard. Scientists shift from Matlab because Python is free.

> 3. Was it difficult to learn the language?

Comparable to other scripting languages.

> 4. Have you been able to get a job out of your new skill?

In my current job/profession, you choose the language. The objective is
to get the job done, and often to throw away the program in the end. The
faster you get the job done, the more successful you are. For many of
those tasks, Python works very well. For others, I use different languages.

	Christian