I am new to python. I have a few questions coming from an armature!

Sivan Greenberg sivan at vitakka.co
Wed Aug 17 07:31:08 EDT 2016

My first attempt at a large code base was with an Ubuntu project, the
reason I learned Python was Ubuntu's sabdfl insisting on it be used
throughout the OS (back in 2004 I was an Ubuntu developer contributing
packages to main) .

It was easy to get a job , but I started very early when there were not too
much avail devs in my area at the time ;)

Getting to know the language can take an afternoon or a short month.
Mastering can take years, and with the rapid advancements with 3.5 and the
future, you can't know it all. On the other hand, one can masters his own
field of Python e.g. Data science, network programming, web, micro
services.

What's nice about python though that it's easy to ask for help and there's
a wonderful community to help you become a 'master'. My ubuntu project made
me create a co-routine engine in few days without ever knowing about it
before with the help of people at #python on freenode.

It's easy to implement complex things in Python.

-Sivan

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Sickfit92 <pe.fun18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. How long did it take you guys to master the language or, let me put it
> this way to completely get the hang and start writing code?
>
> 2. What made you want to learn python?
>
> 3. Was it difficult to learn the language?
>
> 4. Have you been able to get a job out of your new skill?
>
> Thank you guys! I'm pretty much Obsessed with python!
>
> --

Sivan Greenberg
Co founder & CTO
Vitakka Consulting