I am new to python. I have a few questions coming from an armature!

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Mon Aug 15 12:58:58 EDT 2016

Sickfit92 <pe.fun18 at gmail.com> writes:
> 1. How long did it take you guys to master the language or, let me put
> it this way to completely get the hang and start writing code?

Just a day or two, but I was already experienced with several similar
languages.  It would take longer for a beginning programmer.

> 2. What made you want to learn python?

Don't exactly remember, but at one point there had been an existing
Pyton program that I had wanted to modify.

> 3. Was it difficult to learn the language?

No, not at all, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

> 4. Have you been able to get a job out of your new skill?

I've had some Python jobs, but I'd say I got them through being a widely
experienced programmer in general, rather than just from knowing Python.

Being a good programmer isn't just about knowing languages--it's mostly
about being able to turn a higher-level problem it into a programming
problem, then solve the programming problem.  That's not the most
difficult thing in the world, but you should take a wider approach than
just learning languages.

This book is very good (full text online too), though it doesn't use
Python:

  https://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/