Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

Jondy Zhao jondy.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 07:41:08 EDT 2015

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 6:06:51 PM UTC+8, alister wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 01:31:50 -0700, Jondy Zhao wrote:

> >> Making life difficult for legitimate users whilst causing Pirates minor
> >> difficulties at best (crack once distribute many)..
> >>
> >> Copyright legislation is what provides you with protection if you need
> >> it
> >>
> >> Commercial users do not risk running unlicensed software because of the
> >> damage a piracy case against them would cause to their business, not
> >> because they cant get it!
> >
> > I agree with you absolutely. Maybe I can show you the purpose of Pyarmor
> > by the following case:
> >
> > When we express a box, we can close this box with a lock, this equals
> > encrypted scripts, or we just close the box without a lock. Pyarmor is
> > just as this lock, it make the box more security, but it can not protect
> > the box completely.
>
> And if the person at the other end looses the key it causes a great deal
> of trouble.
>
> Alternatively the highway man that holds up the delivery truck simply
> takes a pair of bolt cutters to the lock...
>
> yes it stops a casual snooper but that is all

In reality, when we leave the house, we lock the door, even the lock could not make sure the safe of our property. It's just make it difficult. It's same in the software world. Someone need the lock in both of the world.

And if the highway man need leave the trunk for many days, whether they lock the truck or ask someone to take care of it or not.