Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 18 06:06:37 EDT 2015

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 01:31:50 -0700, Jondy Zhao wrote:

> On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 4:08:57 PM UTC+8, alister wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:38:32 -0700, Jondy Zhao wrote:

>> > But the loader and the encrypted scripts could be bind to one fixed
>> > computer when I distribute them to end users, so the end users can't
>> > redistribute them to any other machines. Actually this is what some
>> > commercial software does.
>>
>> Making life difficult for legitimate users whilst causing Pirates minor
>> difficulties at best (crack once distribute many)..
>>
>> Copyright legislation is what provides you with protection if you need
>> it
>>
>> Commercial users do not risk running unlicensed software because of the
>> damage a piracy case against them would cause to their business, not
>> because they cant get it!
>
> I agree with you absolutely. Maybe I can show you the purpose of Pyarmor
> by the following case:
>
> When we express a box, we can close this box with a lock, this equals
> encrypted scripts, or we just close the box without a lock. Pyarmor is
> just as this lock, it make the box more security, but it can not protect
> the box completely.

And if the person at the other end looses the key it causes a great deal
of trouble.

Alternatively the highway man that holds up the delivery truck simply
takes a pair of bolt cutters to the lock...

yes it stops a casual snooper but that is all

--
A statesman is a politician who's been dead 10 or 15 years.
		-- Harry S. Truman