Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

Jondy Zhao jondy.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 04:31:50 EDT 2015

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 4:08:57 PM UTC+8, alister wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:38:32 -0700, Jondy Zhao wrote:
>
> > On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 1:02:09 PM UTC+8, Chris Angelico wrote:

> >> So anyone who's going to run your program needs your loader. If someone
> >> wants to redistribute your code, s/he can simply distribute the loader
> >> as well - and you're right back where you started. You have still
> >> achieved nothing in terms of preventing redistribution.
> >>
> >> Please do not do this. Not only are you not achieving the goal you
> >> think you are, you're making a mess for people to have to deal with.
> >>
> >> ChrisA
> >
> > But the loader and the encrypted scripts could be bind to one fixed
> > computer when I distribute them to end users, so the end users can't
> > redistribute them to any other machines. Actually this is what some
> > commercial software does.
>
> Making life difficult for legitimate users whilst causing Pirates minor
> difficulties at best (crack once distribute many)..
>
> Copyright legislation is what provides you with protection if you need it
>
> Commercial users do not risk running unlicensed software because of the
> damage a piracy case against them would cause to their business, not
> because they cant get it!

I agree with you absolutely. Maybe I can show you the purpose of Pyarmor by the following case:

When we express a box, we can close this box with a lock, this equals encrypted scripts, or we just close the box without a lock. Pyarmor is just as this lock, it make the box more security, but it can not protect the box completely.