Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

Jondy Zhao jondy.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 04:05:17 EDT 2015

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 3:27:28 PM UTC+8, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Jondy Zhao <jondy.zhao at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Deciding for the customer what they may not do, on their own computer,
> >> is quite hostile. Please don't enable such restrictions.
> >>

> > This is only one possible way to distribute encrypted scripts. As I thought the user of Pyarmor would be the producer of commercial software, so they could bind their license file to netcard, harddisk, cpu, etc.
> >

> Great. Please put a big warning notice on your application:
>
> ATTENTION ALL USERS
> The author of this program believes that he controls your usage of it,
> to the extent that a legitimately-purchased copy will refuse to run if
> you upgrade your computer's hardware.
> It is therefore recommended that you pirate this program as per XKCD 488.
> If you don't like this, don't use the program.
>

> At least then you'll be being honest.

I know you hate it. But I have purchased some commercial software in this way before, a tool named ERWIN used to create relation database. The license I got from software provider is bind to the network card of my PC. I can't use this tool in any other machine. This is true case.

The world is wide, maybe it's better to be tolerant of all things.