Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 04:16:04 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Jondy Zhao <jondy.zhao at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know you hate it. But I have purchased some commercial software in this way before, a tool named ERWIN used to create relation database. The license I got from software provider is bind to the network card of my PC. I can't use this tool in any other machine. This is true case.
>
> The world is wide, maybe it's better to be tolerant of all things.

Tolerant, perhaps - but that doesn't mean we encourage it. So, first
and foremost, I *will not* code anything that encourages people to do
this. And secondly, I generally will not buy anything that uses any
form of DRM. (There are a *very* few exceptions.) Frankly, I'd prefer
to pirate something and then make a donation to the author than buy it
with DRM.

So. no. No matter how wide the world is, I *WILL NOT* encourage the
use of this software.

ChrisA