Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 03:27:09 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Jondy Zhao <jondy.zhao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 11:06:25 AM UTC+8, Ben Finney wrote:
>> Jondy Zhao <jondy.zhao at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > For example, I develop a game by python. What I want to do is that the
>> > player or the agent could not simply copy the game to others. For the
>> > player or the agent, they needn't research the game.
>>
>> Deciding for the customer what they may not do, on their own computer,
>> is quite hostile. Please don't enable such restrictions.
>>

> This is only one possible way to distribute encrypted scripts. As I thought the user of Pyarmor would be the producer of commercial software, so they could bind their license file to netcard, harddisk, cpu, etc.

Great. Please put a big warning notice on your application:

ATTENTION ALL USERS
The author of this program believes that he controls your usage of it,
to the extent that a legitimately-purchased copy will refuse to run if
you upgrade your computer's hardware.
It is therefore recommended that you pirate this program as per XKCD 488.
If you don't like this, don't use the program.

At least then you'll be being honest.

ChrisA