ImportError: No module named multiprocessing

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 01:39:10 EDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Julio Alonso <jlmora_ at hotmail.com> wrote:
> have a problem to import a multiprocessing module. I am using Python 2.7 and
> Windows 8. The program (.py) is executed since MS-DOS console.
>
> If I run the program the output is "ImportError: No module named
> multiprocessing".
>
> If I execute "import multiprocessing" on Python Command Line I don't have
> problems, but It isn't useful for my program, because I need to import since
> my own file .py
>
> What do you recommend me?. I need to get benefit from the process-based
> parallelism and to use several processors.

Did you name your file multiprocessing.py? If so, simply rename it; it
should be fine.

Otherwise, try running "python -v your_script_name.py" and paste the
full output here, as text. Or at very least, paste the full exception
traceback that you're currently seeing. The exception gives a lot more
information than just its final message, and it helps a lot with
tracking down the problem.

ChrisA