Can't use Python Launcher on Windows after update to 3.5

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 19:52:14 EDT 2015

I've installed 3.5 for all users so it's in C:\Program Files

 From
https://docs.python.org/3.5/using/windows.html#from-the-command-line it
says "System-wide installations of Python 3.3 and later will put the
launcher on your PATH. The launcher is compatible with all available
versions of Python, so it does not matter which version is installed. To
check that the launcher is available, execute the following command in
Command Prompt:", but:-

C:\Users\Mark\Documents\MyPython>py -3.4
'py' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Further running ftype shows nothing for Python, assoc just gives this
.pyproj=VisualStudio.Launcher.pyproj.14.0.  Surely this is wrong?

Before I go to the bug tracker to raise an issue could somebody please
confirm what I'm seeing, thanks.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence