ImportError: No module named multiprocessing

Julio Alonso jlmora_ at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:58:47 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have a problem to import a multiprocessing module. I am using Python 2.7 and Windows 8. The program (.py) is executed since MS-DOS console.

If I run the program the output is "ImportError: No module named multiprocessing".

If I execute "import multiprocessing" on Python Command Line I don't have problems, but It isn't useful for my program, because I need to import since my own file .py

What do you recommend me?. I need to get benefit from the process-based parallelism and to use several processors.

Thank you so much

Julio Mora Olivares
Estudiante Ingeniería Civil Industrial
Diploma en Transporte y Logística
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile