Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 29 23:22:56 EDT 2015

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > One way is take reports like John's seriously and receive them
> > with thanks, instead of attacking the messenger.

Please note that, where John Nagle has made supportible criticisms, I
have thanked him for them. They are indeed useful to be aware of.

It's also important to note, of course, that those specific criticisms
are already well known and are being publicly addressed.

It is his claims that there are un-addressed problems which I was
focussing on, trying to get specific information.

> If a messenger wants to be thanked, he should start by not attacking
> the recipients. Respect goes both ways. Make your post with a hostile
> attitude of "Python 3 is the cause of all my problems", and you'll
> find hostility coming back at you.

If my responses seemed hostile, that was not my intent. I asked John
Nagle (and have still not seen in this forum his answers to) questions
asking for support of his claims.

My request for specific supporting information – that is, this critical
inquiry – was met not with answers, but with allegations of a “denial
problem” and “uncritical fanboys”.

So I've continued to be especially critical in this thread, since John
Nagle expressed opposition to uncritical acceptance of claims.

Critical inquiry is often mistaken for hostility. If that happened here,
I apologise. But so far it's all been a distraction, and I still have
nothing from Nagle supporting his assertions

Your broader point remains true: readers are safe in dismissing claims
about being “screwed by Python 3” or “Python 3 not ready for prime time”
unsupported by specific evidence.

Frustration is understandable. Expressing anger is regrettable,
especially if it is misdirected. Persisting in blaming “Python 3” when
the only reported problems are clearly not particular to Python 3, is
disingenuous and harmful.

--
 \         “If history and science have taught us anything, it is that |
  `\     passion and desire are not the same as truth.” —E. O. Wilson, |