Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:20:47 EDT 2015

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 8:37:13 AM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Paul Rubin  wrote:
> > One way is take reports like John's seriously and receive them
> > with thanks, instead of attacking the messenger.
>
> If a messenger wants to be thanked, he should start by not attacking
> the recipients. Respect goes both ways. Make your post with a hostile
> attitude of "Python 3 is the cause of all my problems", and you'll
> find hostility coming back at you.

John : Messenger
Paul : ??

Paul is asking for John (et al) to be thanked
[And +1 from me on that]

On a more serious note you can (and IMHO should) orthogonalize:
1. John I dont appreciate your tone
2. John thank your for the bug-report

> One of my sisters keeps on doing this to me. Not with Python, but with
> computers generally. She complains that computers never work properly
> for her, and she's hostile to *the machine* even before she starts
> doing anything. Well, no wonder the computer gets angry with you, and
> refuses to work! Of course, the moment I come along, the computer sits
> up and takes notice, because he respects my authority (as the network
> admin for the house, I'm in command of all computers, to at least some
> extent - and they know that), but she still complains loudly. It does
> tend to make the assistance somewhat more caustic in delivery.

heh dont I know!

I send my mom a file and occasionally she complains: "Why do you spell your
file-names funny?" Wedontwritesentenceslikethisdowe?
More often she just quietly corrects this stupid boy's spelling.
[Unix is one habit that dies hard...]