Automation of Windows app?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:43:24 EDT 2015

On 03/20/2015 12:10 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2015-03-20, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I need to automate operation of a Windows application.
>
> I should have mentioned that I've found and am going to experiment
> a bit with pywinauto-0.4.0, but if there is anything else I should
> look at, suggestions would be welcome.

As near as I can tell the standard go-to utility for this is a program
called AutoIt.  https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

Nothing to do with Python, and its scripting language is maybe not that
appealing to many, but it does the job, and does it pretty well.  I
first used it when working with a Linux-based PXE boot solution that
would automatically install Windows via a network boot, and install a
custom set of apps we set up.  Was super slick.