Automation of Windows app?

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Mon Mar 23 02:03:54 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Torrie" <torriem at gmail.com>
To: <python-list at python.org>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 5:43 AM
Subject: Re: Automation of Windows app?

>  Nothing to do with Python, and its scripting language is maybe not that
> appealing to many, but it does the job, and does it pretty well.  I
> first used it when working with a Linux-based PXE boot solution that
> would automatically install Windows via a network boot, and install a
> custom set of apps we set up.  Was super slick.

Also somewhat unrelated, but, my primary screen reader software, jaws, also
allows you to generate scripts to sort of invoke multi-activity macro's with
regards to operating system - so you could get it to click on a button,
enter text in a field, move cursors around, etc. etc., repeatedly, if you
wanted to - not really same as any form of bulk testing of software, etc.,
but, can interact with interfaces automatically, etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA