Multiple thread program problem

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Jun 4 18:58:00 EDT 2015

On 04Jun2015 10:20, M2 <mohan.mohta at gmail.com> wrote:
>Awesome Cameron.
>It works the way I want it to work.

Glad to hear it. A few small remarks:

>Thanks a lot guys.
>Here is the new code:
[...]
>from thread import start_new_thread

You're not using this any more. You may want to tidy this up.

>def proc(col) :
>        P=subprocess.Popen(col, shell=True)
>        return

You are not returning P. But ...

>        co=str("ssh -B ")+ str(com2) + str(com3)
>        P=proc(co)

Here you are saving the return value as P (local to this function). My
suggestion, I know. The point here is that in later code you might save all the
P values and call P.wait() for them at some point after the loop, waiting for
them to terminate. Or you may not care. Your call.

>f.close()

Consider adding the suggested "with" form. Shorter, easier to read, more
reliable.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Ride fast