Let's make Python into LISP

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:22:57 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 4:27:39 AM UTC+5:30, Dr. Bigcock wrote:
> We can make Python like LISP:
>
> 1.  Make EVERYTHING the same kind of thing (call it "object").
> 2.  Let's make a lot of meta functions like super, instead of judicious use of interpreter impositions.
> 3. Forget *practicality*.  All hail *purity*.
>
> Wait.  Someone's time machine broke.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark

The way you keep bringing up Lisp, λ-calculus, etc completely without relevance
to anything, I wonder if you had a bad experience with someone teaching these
and thereabouts?

<Dark Secret>
Everyone knows that the average student is below average.
More true for the average teacher
</Dark Secret>

Yeah disasters (of all shapes and colors) strike and leave us scarred.
Isn't it more intelligent to pick up the pieces and move on than to keep
putting salt on the scars?

PS If you de-expletivize your name, maybe more people will pay attention to
what you want to say