My code won't work if I double click the saved file

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 29 16:06:47 EDT 2015

On 29/07/2015 08:20, john wrote:
> I have windows 8 running on my computer and I think I downloaded python 2 and 3 simultaneously or I think my computer has built in python 2 and I downloaded python 3. And now when I ran my code in IDLE, the code works fine but when I save my program and double click the save file, it will run but it doesn't worked like it used to work in IDLE.
>
> Can someone explain the possible problem I'm currently facing?
>
> I just want my program to run perfectly in both IDLE and when I double click the saved file.
>
> I posted my question in stackoverflow but I didn't find an answer.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31692156/i-think-my-computer-has-built-in-python-2-and-i-installed-python-3

Please run your code from a command prompt.  Tell us exactly what you
expected to happen and what actually happened.  If you get a traceback
please cut and paste the entire traceback here.  Show us your code, just
the bit that causes the problem, as cutting the code back to the bare
minimum often helps you find the problem.  There is advice on how to do
this here http://sscce.org/

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence