My code won't work if I double click the saved file

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jul 29 22:06:33 EDT 2015

On 29Jul2015 00:20, john <johnreysecoya at gmail.com> wrote:
>I have windows 8 running on my computer and I think I downloaded python 2 and 3 simultaneously or I think my computer has built in python 2 and I downloaded python 3. And now when I ran my code in IDLE, the code works fine but when I save my program and double click the save file, it will run but it doesn't worked like it used to work in IDLE.
>
>Can someone explain the possible problem I'm currently facing?
>
>I just want my program to run perfectly in both IDLE and when I double click the saved file.
>
>I posted my question in stackoverflow but I didn't find an answer.
>
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31692156/i-think-my-computer-has-built-in-python-2-and-i-installed-python-3

This sounds like what is known as a "file association" issue. Your computer's
desktop is perhaps associating .py files with the python2 executable. I do not
use Windows, but I believe you can adjust these associations.

However, the first question (to verify that this is the issue) is: if you
deliberately invoke python2 and execute your code with it, does it behave the
same way as when you currently double click on the file?

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

The mere existence of a problem is no proof of the existence of a solution.
        - Yiddish Proverb