Gmail eats Python

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 02:43:07 EDT 2015

On Jul 25, 2015 4:51 PM, "Ben Finney" <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> writes:
>
> > So it was my fault by sending him a reply with >>> to the far left.
>
> No, it was Google Mail's failt for messing with the content of the
> message.
>
> Never forget that these services are meant to serve us. When they fail
> to do so because they're violating internet standards, it's not our
> fault.

What Internet standard is being violated by reflowing text content in
the message body?

I'm also skeptical that this was caused by Gmail, which I've never
seen do this and did not do this when I tried to repro it just now.
Also, unless I'm misinterpreting the headers of the message in
question, it appears to have been sent via Gmane, not Gmail.