Writing a python editor for blind developers

germano carella germanocarella.list at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 05:55:52 EDT 2015

Hi to all,
I'm new of this list.
I'm Germano from Italy. I'm 39 and I'm a blind developer.
I'm writing a python editor accessible to screen readers, with
autocompletion support.
So, when I write something, a context menu displays all option I can use.
To do this, I'm using inspect module and pkgutil, and parsing docstring
of builtin functions 'cause inspect.getargspec doesn't work with builtins.
Now, when I instantiate a class, for example, I'd like to receive option
on methods when I write name. ...
I tired to use code.InteractiveConsole running in background.
In this way, I can run source code every time I press enter and
code.InteractiveConsole executes it in background.
The problem is when I'm writing a function: InteractiveConsole executes
it, but doesn't update her locals since I finish to write the function;
so I can't retrieve local variables.
There is an other way can you suggest me?
Thanks!
Germano