Announce: PyPrimes 0.2.1a

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 19:50:26 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> "oh, pip did the wrong thing again? you can fix that by standing on one leg,
> sacrificing a goat to the Great Old Dark Ones, deleting these files, or
> possibly some other ones, and if the phase of the moon is exactly right it
> will behave as you want..."

Replacing an existing package, without changing the version number,
*is* messy. It's not pip's fault that it's hard. That's like saying
"Oops, I committed this to source control and pushed it out to all
users, but there's a big file in it and I want to delete it so they
don't have to download it". Sure, that's possible, but it's not a
normal action, so you'll have to jump through some hoops to make it
all work properly.

Or have you been having this whole sacrificing a goat thing with a
normal workflow?

ChrisA