Announce: PyPrimes 0.2.1a

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Jan 8 19:41:32 EST 2015

Irmen de Jong wrote:

> On 8-1-2015 12:16, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> I screwed up the upload to PyPI, and it won't allow you to upload the
>> same version twice. (At least, I don't know of any way to do so.) So I
>> had to bump the version number to re-upload.
>
> You can manually log into PyPI and fix the uploaded files using the web
> interface.

Thanks.

> There also seems to be an issue with the version number, if I pip install
> pyprimes, I get the 0.1 version. I have to tell pip to allow prerelease
> versions to get your new version. I think it is because of the 'a' after
> the version number.

Yes, I mentioned this in my announcement here.

Is there a good tutorial to learn about pip? Everything I've seen so far
seems to be of one of two extremes, either:

"pip is awesome, just run 'pip install packagename' and it cannot fail!!!1!"

or

"oh, pip did the wrong thing again? you can fix that by standing on one leg,
sacrificing a goat to the Great Old Dark Ones, deleting these files, or
possibly some other ones, and if the phase of the moon is exactly right it
will behave as you want..."

I know that pip is Officially The Best Thing Evar, but my experience so far
has been less than satisfactory.

--
Steven