'Lite' Databases (Re: sqlite3 and dates)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 18 23:36:17 EST 2015

memilanuk <memilanuk at gmail.com> writes:

> They would need to be able to set up the application (and whatever
> database) on their laptop or PC, wherever that may be, and spend their
> time administering the event, not the database engine.

So, the database will only be accessed by exactly one application, on
exactly the same machine and storage as the application? If so, you
don't need concurrency.

Otherwise, your database needs concurrency; and the person installing
the database will need to make a lot of decisions about the specific
network environment and devices to be allowed to access the database.

But is this what you mean by your requirements not being met by SQLite?

--
 \      “Natural catastrophes are rare, but they come often enough. We |
  `\   need not force the hand of nature.” —Carl Sagan, _Cosmos_, 1980 |