Administrators and moderators of Python-list, please erase all the messages that I not should have posted here in python-list!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:55:46 EST 2015

On 12/10/2015 07:44 AM, françai s wrote:
> Administrators and moderators of Python-list, please erase all the messages
> that I  not should have posted here in python-list.
>
> I ask this because I probably be in future a good programmer famous and I
> do not want to talk about the topics that I should not have posted here in
> python-list.
>
> I decided prevent substantial harm to important relationships that probably
> I will have in future with other developers.

While the folks who run the python.org archive do try to respond to
people's requests for removal, particularly in the case of libelous and
abusive messages, be aware that this list is also connected with the
large, decentralize usenet message system, and also is archived by
numerous newsgroup archiving web sites, and removal from the archive
hosted at python.org will not remove messages in those other places.

What could you have possibly said that would cause substantial harm to
future relationships?  Also, how are the web masters supposed to know
what you shouldn't have posted and what was okay?

I have read this mailing list for years now, and I don't recall having
seen anything from your email address that would be cause for concern.
I'm sure potential employers and colleagues can understand that you once
didn't know as much about Python and programming, and that you've
learned and become a better programmer over the years.

In short, I wouldn't worry about this at all if I were you (unless you
are PointedEars, RR, or our resident unicode troll). I'd worry far more
about social networks than the python mailing list.