Please don't make unfounded legalistic demands (was: [a, b, c, d] = 1, 2, 3, 4)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Aug 26 11:59:21 EDT 2015

On Wednesday 26 August 2015 11:09:18 Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 8/26/2015 5:02 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:

So do I Terry, but how many years will it take to convince corporate
legal people that hanging that in a sig is a waste of time & bandwidth.
AFAIK, no court on _this_ planet has ever upheld the meaning of such a
notice.  All the legal beagles have to keep their presence on the
payroll justified I guess.

> > I agree with you. Unfortunately my request for removing this
> > nonsense has been denied by my employer. To the point where I'm
> > restrincting myself from posting from time to time. I will probably
> > restrict myself even more.

Please do not restrict yourself further.  We'll ignore it (or the fussier
amoung us should learn to tolerate it) just like we've been ignoring it
for at least 20 years now.

> How about instead you augment your signature with "Please ignore the
> boilerplate below.
>
> > JM
> >

> > -- IMPORTANT NOTICE:
> >
> > The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and
> > may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
> > please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
> > contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or
> > copy the information in any medium. Thank you.
>
> --
> Terry Jan Reedy

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)