Please don't make unfounded legalistic demands

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Aug 26 11:29:14 EDT 2015

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> I disagree with prohibiting people encumbered by such systems from
> participating.

I have no power to prohibit people here. I do strongly request that such
threatening legalistic screeds stay away from this forum.

> On 8/26/2015 5:02 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
> > I agree with you. Unfortunately my request for removing this
> > nonsense has been denied by my employer. To the point where I'm
> > restrincting myself from posting from time to time. I will probably
> > restrict myself even more.
>
> How about instead you augment your signature with "Please ignore the
> boilerplate below.

Better: Don't use that mail system to participate here, and instead post
using a mail system that doesn't add those obnoxious threats.

--
 \     “I went camping and borrowed a circus tent by mistake. I didn't |
  `\      notice until I got it set up. People complained because they |